Join two of the UK’s leading positive psychology experts for a Masterclass
Miriam and Bridget are master trainers, experts, lecturers, speakers and authors of bestselling books in positive psychology. Together they offer a breadth of experience and unique combination of skills and expertise in applying positive psychology across a range of sectors including business, health and education. The Masterclass focuses on some of the key applications of positive psychology including happiness, resilience, mental health and wellbeing at work. Hundreds of participants have attended the Masterclass over the past decade, enhancing their personal and working lives as well as contributing to the greater good.
The course is for both personal and professional development with the essential knowledge and tools that can be put into practice straightaway. This will appeal to busy professionals who want to add positive psychology into their skill set, saving 2 years on a Masters.
Learn how to feel good, function well and flourish through our experiential workshops, conducted in small groups, which give you individual attention and equip you to put positive psychology into practice.
The Foundations Masterclass serves as an introduction to the key knowledge and tools of Positive Psychology for personal wellbeing and coaching.
The Advanced Masterclass builds on the foundations workshop with applications of Positive Psychology for wellbeing at work, coaching and other group settings.
What you will gain from the Masterclass:
- An in-depth understanding of the science of wellbeing, resilience and flourishing
- Practical knowledge to apply Positive Psychology
- A toolkit of evidence-based practices
- All your questions answered by two expert practitioners
- Build a network of fellow professionals to take the practice forward.
The workshops will suit HR/OD/L&D Professionals, Health Professionals, Business Trainers and Management Consultants, Coaches, Counsellors and Therapists, Mental Health First Aiders, Business Leaders, Managers, Academics, Psychologists, Social Workers, Youth Workers and Wellbeing Champions.
‘The Positive Psychology Masterclass was devised by two of our first MAPP graduates who’ve gone on to flourish as positive psychology experts. Both Miriam and Bridget are renowned for their applied work within the science of well-being. The Masterclass has been attended by hundreds of people since it started, many of whom have now joined us on the UEL MAPP. It’s one of the best introductions to the science of Positive Psychology that you can get.’ Dr Kate Hefferon, University of East London
CORONA VIRUS UPDATE (August 2020)
- The Positive Psychology Masterclass went online during July 2020. We now have new dates online and in person.
- The next Foundations course is online with morning sessions on 3-4 September and 10-11 September 2020.
- The next Foundations workshop in Bristol is on 24-25 September 2020.
- The next Advanced course is in Bristol on 15-16 October 2020.
- If you’re furloughed or stuck at home with a reduced workload then this might be the perfect time to do the Masterclass, as a way to up-skill and be ready to support your clients going forward once life returns to greater normality.
- The Positive Psychology Masterclass is normally a 4-day course. During the Covid crisis we welcome you to do each workshop independently of the other if this is your preference. Please drop us a line to discuss if you wish to go straight to the advanced course.
- Next online workshop: 4 morning sessions on Thursday-Friday 3-4 September and 10-11 September 2020, 0900 to 1230 daily.
- Next in person workshop: Bristol: Thursday-Friday 24-25 September 2020.
- Meet the trainers: Drop in at 1600 BST on Tuesday 11th and 26th August to get your questions answered. Send email for access code.
This workshop introduces you to the key principles and evidence-based practices in positive psychology, giving you a thorough grounding in the PERMA model of wellbeing plus other core concepts in the science. With hands-on experience of the practices this highly-engaging course will show you how to apply positive psychology for personal growth and positive change. We show you how to master the essential tools to use in your coaching practice or professional setting.
- The Science of Happiness & Wellbeing
- Positive Emotions & Practices
- Engagement & Flow
- Identifying & Applying Strengths
- Finding Meaning & Purpose
- Mindsets, Motivation & Goals
- Optimism & Resilience
- Building Positive Relationships
“Excellent. Covered a lot of ground and all of it was practical and usable. Highly recommended for both personal and professional use. Lots of tools to take this knowledge forward. Love the practicality.” Executive Coach, Cornwall
“Brilliant. Seamless flow and incorporation of discussion leading in to the material presented. Seamless presentation and well evidenced.” GP, Devon
“I loved the online version as I could do it from the comfort of my home and it involved less planning with childcare etc. I learnt just as much online as I did in person. In fact I would say I got to engage on a deeper level with the other participants in the breakout rooms.” Executive Coach, London.
“This was such a literally positive experience – there was no post-lunch dip! Thank you both – I’m so glad I came.” Coach, Worcs
- Maximum group size: 12.
- Early bird rate £375 + VAT (£450). Full rate £575 + VAT. If you’re furloughed please get in touch to discuss financing options.
- Booking form PPM1 online Sept 2020, Booking form PPM1 Bristol Sept 2020. Qualifies for CPD certificate of attendance.
- Meet the Trainers: Drop in to get your questions answered about the course. 1600 BST on Tuesday 11th and 26th August. Send email for access code.
Payment preferred by BACS or invoice (please email for payment options). Other methods include iZettle and PayPal. The button below is for the early bird rate.
The advanced course builds on the foundations workshop, showing you how you can apply Positive Psychology with confidence in the workplace and other professional settings. The Masterclass introduces the new wave of Positive Psychology 2.0 and takes a strengths approach as the pathway to more effective performance and success. We give you the practical tools to use Positive Psychology in coaching, training and education, showing you how to apply the science for greater potential, wellbeing at work and resilience.
- The Science of Flourishing
- Workplace Wellbeing
- Strengths across the Lifespan
- Enabling Potential and Positive Change
- Positive Leadership & Positive Deviance
- Advanced Resilience
- High Quality Connections
“The advanced Positive Psychology Masterclass is a brilliant 2 days for people who want to develop their knowledge and plan how to use positive psychology in their work.” Psychologist & Coach
“Really well presented it worked extremely well via an online platform and exceeded my expectations. Both presenters were extremely knowledgeable and had a very warm and engaging style. ”
“This was an excellent mix of research and the latest evidence mixed with excellent practical tools all delivered with energy and warmth.”
- Early bird rate – £375 + VAT (£450), full rate – £575 + VAT.
- Booking form Advanced Oct 2020. Qualifies for CPD certificate of attendance.
We have trained hundreds of participants from around the world with consistently high praise over the last ten years. The Masterclass also acts as a springboard to working in the field and we now have a collection of books written by past delegates. We’re immensely proud of giving them such a positive start! One of our alumni, Andria Zafirakou (3rd from right) won the Global Best Teacher Prize while another Jen Gash, author of Coaching Creativity, won the Sky Arts Landscape Artist of the Year competition. Some of our delegates have gone on to train as full-time positive psychologists.
“I attended both courses as I had a keen interest in Positive Psychology, having come across it when I trained as a therapist. The course went above and beyond any expectation I had. The course was rich in its learning process, and delivered in a gentle, warm and creative way creating the most positive of learning climates. As a direct result I went on to study MAPPCP at UEL. Worried that I was not up to study at a Masters level I found the learning that I had received on this wonderful 4 day course formed a firm foundation for the learning. I put my distinction that I received in the first year down to the understanding I gained on this course. If you have any interest in Positive Psychology look no further than doing this course with Miriam and Bridget. You will be so glad that you did.” Helen Day
The training takes place at our UK base, the Engineers’ House by the iconic and world-renowned Clifton Suspension Bridge. Bristol is well located for rail and is at the junction of the M4 & M5 motorways. The airport is easily accessible from across Europe. Delegates come from across the UK and France, the Netherlands, Portugal, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and from farther afield – the USA, Russia, Malaysia, Angola, Australia (four times now!), Hong Kong and the UAE. One of the extra benefits of attending the Masterclass is to connect with like-minded people.
“The first Masterclass was very interesting, exciting and motivational. Later I realised that much of the content – its potential power, application and versatility made much more sense as a result of completing the second Masterclass. It all completely dropped into place and pulled together how important the interlinks are, so for example using strengths and how that can help create positive mental health with relationships with others. Once we’d practised strength-spotting amongst ourselves the potential power of strengths suddenly fell into place as did how they could be applied across different generational groups and with a degree of ease. Whatever arena you ‘work’ in you still need both parts to the Masterclass. I can’t think of anyone from the first Masterclass that would not have benefitted from the subject matter of the second Masterclass in terms of insights, application and wholeness. The ‘power’ and amazingness of the course for me was definitely in completing both.” Catherine Morgan