Positive leaders are able to develop their workforce’s capacity to thrive.
Positive leadership draws on scientific evidence to help leaders and managers to grow their business, productivity and profitability, promote workplace well-being and help people to thrive. Positive psychology itself is the study of flourishing. In the workplace it focuses on productivity, motivation, engagement, resilience, team dynamics and in particular strengths. A positive leader leverages the strengths of individuals and teams to put them and the organisation on the path to flourishing.
What Positive Psychology has to offer to Leadership
- Strengths: How to apply strengths to realise the potential of individuals and teams.
- Building psychological capital: Hope, Efficacy, Resilience & Optimism (HERO) are a resource in the workplace.
- Meaning & motivation. How to craft work for greater meaning and increase motivation.
- High-quality connections. How to foster positive relationships at work.
- How positive emotions in the workplace fuel creativity and productivity.
- Resilience – how to stay strong and deal positively with setbacks.
- Growth Mindset – how to adopt the mindset for success.
- Appreciative Inquiry: positive change management.
“Miriam delivered an engaging and energising workshop to our leaders. They were introduced to some accessible tools that could easily be replicated for themselves and their teams. The concepts were introduced in a thoughtful way that encouraged self reflection and action. For anyone doubting that Positive Psychology is important, there were strong links back to high performance and business results. Overall an excellent workshop that provided some needed food for thought for our leadership team.” Avril Forbes, Learning & Development Manager, McCormick Foods.
The Positive Leader: How to Thrive at Work
Two of the UK’s leaders in positive psychology take you on a journey that is both practical and fun, learning how to apply the latest science to enable leaders to positively impact themselves, their teams and their organisation. Delivered in-house and tailored to suit the organisation. Some of the elements on offer include:
- How to be a positive leader
- The productive leader
- The resilient leader
- The emotionally intelligent leader
- The optimistic leader
- The influential leader
- The strengths-based leader
Please contact Miriam to discuss your training needs and find out how we can help.
This course can be booked to be delivered in-house and is tailored to suit the needs of the organisation. If you want to participate in a course you are welcome to attend one of our open courses – the Positive Psychology Masterclass or the online Positive Psychology Foundations.