Essentials for Wellbeing
Workshop, Sat 10th Nov 2018, 10am – 4pm
Engineers’ House, Clifton Down, Bristol BS8 3NB
Positive Resilience is a 1-day course in the essentials of resilience drawing on the science of positive psychology with a range of evidence-based tools that you can put into practice straightaway.
Early bird until Oct 31 – £60. Full rate – £75
We all know that healthcare practitioners are under pressure but while they’re busy caring for others, their personal wellbeing can also suffer. This one-day workshop introduces you to the evidence-based tools from positive psychology and the science of resilience that you can put into practice to support your wellbeing and use with those you work with.
The course will enable you to:
- Explore what causes you stress and the effects it has on you
- Learn a range of simple practices to protect you from the effects of stress and to ‘recharge your batteries’
- Improve your physical and mental wellbeing through better breathing
- Know how to access positive emotions and experience the impact these have on your energy and resourcefulness
- Get to know your strengths so that you can use these more usefully in your life
- Master optimistic thinking tools to combat stress and overcome depressive thoughts
The workshop is facilitated by Miriam Akhtar MAPP, author of Positive Psychology for Overcoming Depression and What Is Post-traumatic Growth together with Adaptive Resilience practitioner Jo Cullen (Hennessy)
Miriam and Jo are both experienced trainers and connected through their passion for the practical science of resilience and wellbeing. Miriam is one of the UK’s leading positive psychology practitioners, who delivers resilience training to several healthcare trusts. Her book Positive Psychology for Overcoming Depression has been the subject of a bibliotherapy study, which found that positive psychology practices are as effective as CBT for overcoming depression and improving wellbeing. Dr Phil Hammond wrote the foreword to the book and has featured Miriam in his book on the NHS Staying Alive.
Please book your place via the PayPal button below. The early bird rate is open until Oct 31. You will receive confirmation via email.